Silica – Competent Person Train-The-Trainer
Are You Ready for OSHA’s New Respirable Crystalline Silica Standard?
Competent Person Train the Trainer Course at the Chesapeake Region Safety Council
What is a Competent Person under the OSHA Construction Standard for Respirable Crystalline Silica? It is someone who has the knowledge to identify and the foresight to anticipate respirable crystalline silica hazards in the workplace. This is a high threshold of knowledge and understanding of the hazards associated with and the tasks that give rise to respirable crystalline silica. This “Train-the-Trainer Competent Person” course will address the universe of knowledge required to be a Competent Person.
It will provide the resources for trainers to continuously deliver training to multiple persons and job sites.
This course will address the basic content of the silica standard including:
- health hazards
- how to implement Table 1, how to handle non-Table 1 tasks
- when and how to conduct exposure monitoring
- preparation of a written exposure control plan
- what exposure and medical surveillance documentation must be maintained
- what to look for on a job site to ensure compliance with the silica rule
- how to manage the job site’s multiple contractors
Having the understanding and knowledge gained through this Train-the-Trainer course will allow you to deliver training to other persons so they have the skills, abilities, knowledge, and confidence to ensure implementation of the written exposure control plan and to take the actions necessary and required to ensure exposure to respirable crystalline silica is minimized on a job site.
Course Includes: Student binder, a USB for each student which includes:
- PowerPoint presentation
- Additional Silica resource information
- Certificates of Completion awarded by the Chesapeake Region Safety Council.
Additional Materials: Click here for a PDF registration form
Course Time: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Member Price: $295.00