Opioid Use/ Medical Marijuana / Workplace Safety
Presented by Adele Abrams. – From the Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C.
June 18, 2020 / 9:00am – 10:30am. Registration closes June 11th.
Course Registration: $125
Certificates of Completion awarded by the Chesapeake Region Safety Council.
Legalization of Medical and Recreational Marijuana and Opioid Prescription Drug Use are prevailing issues that employers need to be aware of and prepared for. Chesapeake Region Safety Council is continuing to provide information so that employers are aware of laws that apply to employees and contractors as well as workplace policies and management principles to assist in understanding how best to address these issues.
- Part 1: What are the workplace considerations for employers when addressing this
- Part 2: Defining the scope of the problem and the state of the laws in the various States of the US?
- Part 3: What can an employer do to ensure employees are not impaired while at work?
- Part 4: Discussion of specific laws, regulations, and court decisions that address these issues.
VIRTUAL INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING
Student requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Register at least one week in advance
- Live video attendance
- A desktop or laptop computer with keyboard, audio and video capability (Chromebooks, smart phones and tablets are not compatible).
- Internet Connection
Click here to review all Virtual Instructor-Led Training Device & Internet Connection Requirements