Advanced First Aid – National Safety Council
OSHA mandates that a trained first aid responder must be present in high risk industries with the most dangerous jobs where medical emergencies require immediate emergency response. Ensure compliance and prepare your workforce with this comprehensive 16- to 40-hour advanced first aid course. It’s the industry-leading occupational first aid training that will help your workforce recognize and act competently and confidently in an emergency situation in order to sustain life.
Participants will learn how to:
- Give basic life support training commonly taught to health care and rescue professionals
- Control bleeding and manage shock
- Care for injuries and medical emergencies
- Give advanced resuscitation techniques
- Identify special situations such as behavioral emergencies
- Perform remote-location first aid
Course Materials Include: Refreshments, lunch and student workbook which includes: Step-by-step photo sequences, illustrations and skills presentations – NSC First Aid Quick Guide – Course DVD featuring real-life scenarios
Nationally recognized course completion cards and certificates issued by Chesapeake Region Safety Council upon successful completion.
Additional Materials: Click here for a PDF registration form
Course Time: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm