The new National Safety Council Supervisor’s Safety Development Program (SSDP) trains supervisors and managers to incorporate best safety practices into their daily management activities. Supervisors will acquire the knowledge, leadership skills and methods to apply safety as part of their responsibilities and become your most effective safety leaders and advocates. A key feature of the program requires participants to demonstrate they have acquired the knowledge and skills from training and are prepared to implement them in the workplace. SSDP focuses on critical requirements for safety improvement in the workplace and includes discussion of management approaches and regulatory issues that apply. SSDP addresses leadership and management philosophies, empowered employees and self-directed teams, and hazard control and risk reduction.
Who would benefit from taking this program?
- New supervisors/managers unfamiliar with safety responsibilities
- Experienced supervisors/managers who want refreshers, safety training or need to develop specialized skills
- Safety Management
- Safety and Health Training
- Employee Involvement
- Safety and Health Inspections
- Incident Investigation
- Industrial Hygiene
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazard Communication
- Regulatory Issues
- Machine Safeguarding
- Hand Tools and Portable Power Tools
- Materials Handling and Storage
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
Course Materials Include: Student Materials
- Participant workbook and the Facilitator Kit with instructions that give you the confidence and capability to deliver training successfully. It also gives you flexibility to teach the program modules in any order over your choice of days.
Facilitator Kit Includes:
- Facilitator Guide covering all 16 modules
- Facilitator PowerPoint® presentations with embedded videos on DVD
- CD Exams for individual modules
- Cumulative course exam
- Supervisor’s Safety Manual, 10th Edition – acknowledged as the premier workplace safety guide, this outstanding resource is used by participants as part of the program and kept as a reference after completion. The 10th Edition features new chapters on behavior based strategies for safety and regulatory issues important to supervisors.
- lunch and refreshments
Additional Materials: Click here for a PDF registration form
11/23/2020 - 11/25/2020
Baltimore, MD – Chesapeake Region Safety Council
Member Price: $845.00 NM: $995.00