NFPA 70E compliance saves lives, reduces liability, and helps avoid unexpected downtime and revenue loss.
Learn what’s new? What’s changed? in the 2018 NFPA 70E
In a fraction of a second, an electrical incident can claim lives and cause permanently disabling injuries. In fact, hundreds of deaths and thousands of burn injuries occur each year due to shock, electrocution, arc flash, and arc blast — and most could be prevented through compliance with NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®. Originally developed at OSHA’s request, NFPA 70E responds to the latest information about the effects of arc flash, arc blast, and direct current (dc) hazards, and recent developments in electrical design and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Electrical equipment and electrical safety devices are constantly being changed and improved, hence why your electrical safety program must address those changes. The NFPA 70E 2018 edition addresses these changes. This standard is used not only by facility managers and safety officers, but also by OSHA inspectors, continually educating them on existing trends in electrical safety.
- Are qualified persons required to complete a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) before starting work?
- What should we look for in PPE labels in 2018?
- Arc flash and shock hazard risk assessment now include the “potential of human error.”
- Electrical safety programs must include a section on how to investigate an incident/accident.
Course Includes: The 2021 NFPA 70E Edition and a participant book.
Course Time: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Student requirements for Virtual Instructor-Led Training include, but are not limited to:
- Register at least one week in advance
- Live video attendance
- A desktop or laptop computer with keyboard, audio and video capability (Chromebooks, smart phones and tablets are not compatible).
- Internet Connection
Click here to review all Virtual Instructor-Led Training Device & Internet Connection Requirements
Virtual Instructor Led Training
Member Price: $295.00 Non Member Price: $345.00