OSHA 7510 - Introduction to OSHA for Small Business
Location & Date to be Announced
This course provides an introduction to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for owners and managers of small businesses. The goal of the course is to help participants gain an understanding of OSHA operations and procedures and learn how they can work with OSHA to prevent or reduce injuries and illnesses in their workplaces.
Included in the course is information on the background of OSHA, standards, the inspection process, implementing a safety and health program, and assistance available to small business.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the tools OSHA uses to reduce workplace injuries and illnesses.
2. Identify basic employer and employee responsibilities and rights under OSHA.
3. Recognize how OSHA standards are organized and developed.
4. Select the steps of the OSHA inspection process.
5. Recognize the four elements of a safety and health management system.
6. Obtain information about compliance assistance.
Refreshments & Student Materials